What does DoggyDoor offer?
Explore our service designed for DoggyDoor buyers.
- Educates buyers on the ANKC and on their specific breedWith little to no research done, buyers search up breeder's details online without any understanding of the ANKC, or why buying a purebred dog is important.Potential puppy buyers are encouraged to do research about the ANKC and the specific breed through our Learning Centre.
- Simplifies the task of completing a questionnaireBuyers have to fill out multiple questionnaires, one for each breeder.Buyers only have to complete 1 questionnaire to describe their family, lifestyle and motivations for getting a puppy.
- Manages expectations around puppy availablility datesIncorrect, out-of-date or no info on 'litter availability' means that buyers email and call all year round, even when a litter is months away, often being ignored altogether.Only up-to-date litters are advertised on DoggyDoor. If a buyer is interested in a breeder with a closed listing, they can 'subscribe' to that breeder to be notified when the listing opens.
- Only verified ANKC registered breedersANKC registered breeders are mixed with unregistered breeders or cross-breeders. Additionally, breeders are not verified to ensure their prefix hasn't been stolen by a scammer.We verify the identity of each and every ANKC breeder who lists on DoggyDoor, so that scammers cannot steal breeder prefix information and credentials in order to pose as a legitimate breeder.
- Modern and easy-to-use websiteOther online breeder directories and websites are older and often not very intuitive.The DoggyDoor website is built on design principles that prioritise user experience.
- Easy to consume information on each breeder listing
- Secure payment via credit cardAgreeing to pay a deposit via cash or bank transfer without meeting the breeder, therefore being vulnerable to scams.We facilitate secure credit card payments and have the ability to issue refunds inline with our terms of service.
- Buying an ANKC registered dog is a premium and celebrated experienceA week prior to puppy arrival, buyers receive a DoggyDoor gift basket with various toys, a personalised dog tag and other information about the ANKC.
- Papers are provided with pupAgreeing to meet a breeder in a neutral public place, and handing over cash in exchange for a pup without papers.Papers are provided with the pup, as well as other proof of health testing (where relevant) and more.
- Customer supportNo support provided over the coming months and years.Buyers are provided support from DoggyDoor as well as support from their breeder for the duration of the purchase process and beyond.
Explore our service designed for DoggyDoor breeders.
- Encourages education about the ANKC and specific breedsIll-informed buyers get in touch with breeders without considering whether they are ready for a pup, or whether they are the correct fit for a specific breed.We prompt buyers to stop and ask themselves 'Am I ready for a pup?' before impulsively emailing breeders.
- Creates awareness about the ANKCWe create awareness about why buyers should buy from ANKC breeders in a consumable and modern format, including on social media websites.
- Manages expectations around puppy availablility datesIncorrect, out-of-date or no info on 'litter availability' means that buyers email and call all year round, even when a litter is months away.When your litter is approaching, we get back in touch with your subscribers so that you don't have to spend time emailing a long wait list of enquirers, many of whom may no longer be interested.
- Only verified ANKC registered breedersANKC registered breeders are mixed with unregistered breeders or cross-breeders. Additionally, breeders are not verified to ensure their prefix hasn't been stolen by a scammer.We verify the identity of each and every ANKC breeder who lists on DoggyDoor, so that scammers cannot steal your prefix information and credentials in order to pose as a legitimate breeder.
- Modern and easy-to-use inboxGetting contacted via multiple means such as email and phone is hard to maintain and organise.An easy-to-use inbox where breeders can control whether they are open or closed to receiving new enquiries. Breeders can also politely 'decline' a buyer whenever needed, to clean up the clutter.
- See buyer details upfrontAfter being contacted, breeders send out a questionnaire to learn more about the buyer's lifestyle. After the questionnaire is returned, the breeder must sort through the answers, take notes and follow up with the buyer.Breeders can see all of the buyer's details upfront, including any learner modules that they have completed. This can signal to breeders how serious someone is about doing their puppy homework.
- Filters out tyre kickers from genuine enquiries with a questionnaireThere is no barrier for anyone to contact a breeder via any means (email or phone), which can lead to a breeder receiving unsolicited messages at any time of the day.Tyre kickers and time wasters won't be willing to spend 10 mins to complete the DoggyDoor questionnaire in order to get in touch with a breeder.
- Secure payment via credit cardScammers take advantage of the fact that legitimate breeders currently accept payment via cash and bank transfers.We enable ANKC breeders to differentiate themselves from illegitimate non-registered breeders who only accept cash, by providing a secure payments gateway that accepts credit card.
- Facilitates deposit paymentsWe break down payment into two components (a deposit and a balance) so that breeders can gauge how committed a buyer is about the purchase.
- Receive payments on timeEvery so often a buyer does not pay on time, leaving the breeder in a precarious situation.We prompt and remind buyers to pay on time so that breeders don't have to.
- Customer supportNo support provided over the coming months and years.Ongoing customer support for breeders via email and phone call.